How does Fotona laser therapy work for non-invasive facelifts?
In very simplified terms, the Fotona4D process is based upon using a unique combination of specific lasers to thermally stimulate the facial skin which encourages collagen production. The good news being that unlike other facial rejuvenation techniques, Fotona4D does not involve the use of any injections, chemicals or surgery.
Fotona4D uses two laser wavelengths (NdYAG 1064nm and ErYAG 2940nm) in FOUR different modalities, the process protocols are as follows;
- SmoothLiftin – A non-ablative Er:YAG intraoral treatment for controlled and gentle “bulk-heating” to stimulate collagen contraction. In addition to an immediate effect resulting in the shrinkage of collagen fibers, the initiation of new collagen generation occurs. The effects result in an overall improvement of tightness and elasticity in the treated tissue as well as a plumping effect to the nasolabial folds from the inside, much like a filler.
- FRAC3 – A self-induced, fractional effect of the Nd:YAG laser and a specific pulse structure that generates tiny regional spikes of high temperature. This non-ablative modality enables the treatment of specific, deeper imperfections to complement the effect of the intraoral treatment, as well as restore youthful texture.
- PIANO – A unique, ultra-long Nd:YAG pulse mode for the third stage of Fotona4D®. The laser causes bulk tissue heating safely and rapidly, from the outside in, by concentrating energy delivery subcutaneously. The PIANO® pulse is in the super-extended seconds regime mode, with a brushing technique for completing the full-thickness bulk heating with an overall synergistic tightening effect.
- SupErficial – A light cold Er:YAG ablation that gives a pearl finish to the skin. SupErficial™ additionally improves the appearance of the skin and reduces imperfections by using propriety VSP technology, enabling the operator to easily adjust the laser to an extremely controlled light peel, without thermal effects, for a no-down time, precise treatment.
A more comprehensive guide can be found here…. https://evaclinicbath.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Fotona4D%C2%AE-Files-Fotona-Cloud.pdf
So whether you are aged 30 – 65 plus, Fotona4D’s patented protocols guarantee to reverse signs of ageing in an indistinguishable way – firmly sculpting and enhancing your natural features whilst leaving no signs that you have received treatment.
What are the possible side effects of Fotona laser facelifts?
Compared to other lasers, the risk for post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation is very low.
There is lower melanin absorption with Nd:YAG lasers and therefore less concern for epidermal damage, and they may be more safely used to treat patients with darker skin.
How many sessions will I need to see results?
Whilst you will see an immediate tightening post treatment, a smoother, healthy glow after 2-3 days and the full benefits within 3 weeks as the collagen is stimulated. You will see definitive and increasing results at the maturity of each session. We usually recommend 4 sessions at 4-6 week intervals.
How long do the results last?
Once you have completed your course, we usually recommend a ‘top-up’ every 9 -12 months to fully maintain the benefits.
This timing is very much dependent upon your personal lifestyle and health regime – the most important being regular use of SPF. Our post-treatments notes give a comprehensive guide to how best look after and maintain your rejuvenated look.
Is there any downtime after the treatment?
Immediately post treatment you will feel a tightening of the skin and see a slight redness which will disappear within 3- 4 days. It is perfectly feasible to be working from home immediately post-treatment and out and about or at work / socialising the day after treatment.
Will I feel pain during the procedure?
You will feel both a warmth and tingling sensation during the 4 stages of the treatment – which for a full facial lift will last c 90 minutes. Your comfort is all important and we will adjust the settings to find the perfect balance between treatment effectiveness and comfort. We also use a purpose -designed cooling device to further enhance your comfort.
Are there any pre-treatment or post-treatment care instructions?
We provide two specific post-laser care creams to be applied for 5 days after treatment . Our post -treatment Notes provide a comprehensive guide to aftercare – none of which is onerous and for the first week includes:
- Simple face cleansing and only use the creams and moisturisers we provide
- Avoid activity which is sweat generating – eg gym
- Avoid swimming pools / jacuzzi and the likely chemicals
- Keep hydrated
- Essential use of SPF (at all times)
Is Fotona laser therapy suitable for all skin types?
Yes, Fotona Laser is proven to be effective across all skin types – although the speed of results is dependent upon skin condition, lifestyle, depth of any wrinkles and the application of diligent aftercare.
How does Fotona laser treatment compare to surgical facelifts?
- Compared with surgical procedures, Fotona can offer greater benefits, over a wider facial area without any noticeable downtime, let alone pain or risk of potential surgical complications.
- Fotona treatments are readily ‘repeatable’ at long intervals to maintain your rejuvenated look.
- Fotona has the added advantage of affordability – for example a full 4 course treatment of “Smootheye’ costs just £ 1,980 compared with £5,000 – £12,000 for a similar upper and lower lid surgical procedure.
Can I combine the laser facelift with other treatments?
Yes, Fotona is highly compatible – and the results often further enhanced – with PRP and Skin Boosters for hydration however, you should two weeks before treatments such as non-invasive RF. We will actively advise you on treatment compatibility and timing to ensure you benefit fully from your Fotona Laser treatment.
What qualifications do the practitioners performing Fotona treatment have?
The qualifications required to provide Fotona SP Dynamis Laser treatments are at the highest level of VTCT Level 5 & 6 and also require a great proficiency in understanding laser protocols drawn from extensive practical experience. As such, at the last count there are only 6 Fotona SP Dynamis machines in the UK and a similar number of trained therapists.
How much will the treatment cost?
The fees vary depending upon the treatment area – examples of the most popular treatments being:
- Fotona 4D facelift – full facial area £795 per treatment
- SmoothEye – above and below eyes £495 per treatment
- TightSculpting – focus on neck, jaw and chin £395 per treatment
- LipLase – full lip volumising £250 per treatment
All treatments include pre / post consultation, specific aftercare notes and creams and moisturisers
Is there any financing or payment plan available?
You can spread the cost of treatments over the course duration and we accept all major credit cards.
Fotona seems too good to be true?
Fotona laser really does work – it is a medical grade laser and an authorised supplier to the NHS. Whilst Fotona’s bespoke aesthetic laser, SP Dynamis, is rare in the UK, (see above) a quick Google search will demonstrate that in the US, it is the most sophisticated and popular (and expensive) non-surgical facelift treatment.
So why doesn’t every Aesthetic Clinic have Fotona ?
Primarily two reasons. As discussed above, the qualifications and experience required to provide Fotona treatments are at the highest level – and secondly the price point. Our Fotona SP Dynamis Laser goes by the nickname ‘Lamborghini’ – and not just because it offers exceptional performance….
There are VERY few clinics who are willing to invest in training and equipment at the Fotona SP Dynamis level- and we are the only such clinic in the South West.
Can I get a discount on Fotona laser treatments?
Sadly not (see above), however we do appreciate that budgets are important and we offer generous discounts if you book combined treatments – the most popular being the Fotona 4D facelift with SmoothEye – do please call us for details.
How soon can I make an appointment?
We can usually arrangement a consultation appointment within 2-3 days and subject to a successful laser patch test, treatment could start within a week.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call us on 07507 420244.
Our new, purpose-built clinic is based in Bath, Somerset, BA1 7BZ with Private Parking.
Ideally located , the clinic is highly accessible – just 10 minutes from M4 Junction 18 and within an hour from Bruton, Frome, Trowbridge, Melksham, Bristol, Clifton, Hungerford, Marlborough, Cirencester and Swindon.